Office 365 – Regarding Office 365 ProPlus – Part 1 – Basics
Today we will discuss regarding Office 365 ProPlus. Here I will discuss basic points to understand Office 365 ProPlus. In coming articles we will discuss in more details.
What is Office 365 ProPlus?
- Office 365 ProPlus is the version of Microsoft Office available through Office 365. Office 365 ProPlus includes following software’s:
- Skype For Business
- All these applications are available based on Office 365 subscription.
- We can use these applications to connect with Office 365 services such as SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online.
- Office 365 ProPlus only runs on following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Office 365 ProPlus is available in 32-bit and 64-bit version
- Office 365 ProPlus is installed on users local computer. Office 365 ProPlus is not web based version of Office. Office 365 ProPlus runs locally on the users computer.Users don’t need to be connected to Internet all the time
- Office 365 ProPlus is offered as a subscription. If we cancel our subscription, Office 365 goes into reduced functionality mode. In reduced functionality mode we can only open and view existing documents. Office 365 ProPlus remains installed on the computer. But all features for editing and creating new new documents are disabled.
- But users must connect to the Internet at least once in every 30 days so that status of there Office 365 subscription can be checked. If user don’t connect Internet in 3o days then Office 365 ProPlus goes to reduced functionality mode.
- Once user connected to Internet and subscription status is verified, all the features of Office 365 ProPlus will be available again
- We can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five different computers with one Office 365 license.
- We can also install Office 365 on up to 5 tablets and 5 phones
- Office 365 ProPlus and Office Online are not same. Office Online is included with all Office 365 plans. Office Online allow users to open Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote documents in a web browser.
- By default if user installs Office 365 ProPlus from Office 365 portal, all software included with Office 365 ProPlus will be installed. Administrator can configure deployments so that if required only some software’s are installed and not all. Administrator can configure deployments using Office Deployment Tools. In coming article we will cover Office Deployment Tools.
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.
Thanks for reading 😊
[…] previous article – Office 365 – Regarding Office 365 ProPlus – Part 1 – Basics we discussed about Office 365 ProPlus basics. Today we will discuss regarding Office Deployment […]
You must log in to post a comment.