Great Personalities – first Indian women mathematician – SHAKUNTALA DEVI
Greetings for the day!!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂
In this article we will discuss abut one of the great personality – first Indian women mathematician – SHAKUNTALA DEVI
Without Mathematics, there is nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers.SHAKUNTALA DEVI
- She is also Known as mother of Mathematics.
- Shakuntala Devi was a first Indian women mathematician.
- Shakuntala Devi popularly known as human computer, Indian mental calculator and writer.
- There is also a movie on Shakuntala Devi name, (Shakuntala Devi)
- Her talent earned her a place in the 1982 edition of the Guinness book of world records.
- Shakuntala Devi holds the Guinness book of world record for “fastest human computation”.
- In 1980, she correctly multiplied up to 13 – digit numbers in just 28 seconds at imperial college, south Kensington London
- She was born on 4 November 1929 Bengaluru
- died on 21 April 2018 Bengaluru, Karnataka at the age of 83
Students shy away from Maths, but in reality Maths is the best friend of man.SHAKUNTALA DEVI
Nobody challenges me. I challenge myself
- In 1969 she was awarded the title of the “Most Distinguished Women of the Year” by the University of Philippines
- In 1977, at the southern Methodist University in Dallas, Shakuntala devi had asked to give the 23rd root of a 201- digit number, she solved it in 50 seconds. The US Bureau of standards had to write a special program into a UNIVAC 1101 computer to check her answer.
- Shakuntala Devi explained many of the methods she used to do mental calculations in her 1977 book : The Joy of Numbers
- In 1988, she was honored with the ‘Ramanujan Mathematical Genius Award‘ in Washington D.C.
Some of the Books
- Astrology for You
- Book of Numbers
- Figuring: The Joy of Numbers
- In the Wonderland of Numbers
Thank you 🙂 Have a nice time ahead 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.