Microsoft Intune Update – Ending support for Windows 8.1 devices on October 21, 2022
Greetings for the day !!
Today new update.
Update – Microsoft Intune – Microsoft ending support for Windows 8.1
- Microsoft ending support for devices running Windows 8.1 on October 21, 2022.
- Also sideloading key scenario for line-of-business apps will stop being supported since it is only applicable to Windows 8.1 devices
- There is no impact to existing devices and polices, however, we will not be able to enroll new Windows 8.1 devices
- Microsoft strongly recommends move to the supported versions of OS – Windows 10 or Windows 11
How to know which devices are running on Windows 8.1
- Navigate to Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- We have separate article – how to navigate to Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center – Small Tips and Tricks – Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center – How to navigate to Endpoint Manager admin center
- As we navigate to Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- From left pane navigate to “Devices” as in below figure
- From left pane, navigate to “Windows devices“
- We will have list of all Windows devices
- Here, in my local environment / tenant I have 0 devices so its showing empty table as in below fig
- We could filter on “OS version” column to have all Windows 8.1 devices
Thanks for reading !! If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share !!! SHARING IS CARING 🙂
Enjoy the beautiful life !! Have a FUN !! HAVE A SAFE LIFE !! TAKE CARE 🙂