Microsoft Teams : Feature update – (Updated) Microsoft Teams: External Access Chat Invitation Flow for Managed Organizations
Greetings for the day !!!
Today, update on new feature of Teams
Feature – Microsoft Teams: External Access Chat Invitation Flow for Managed Organizations
- In July, Microsoft announced this feature but then time lines are updated – now this feature will be rolled out by Mid – January
- Teams users will now see an invitation pop-up to accept or block an external user when receiving new chats from external users
- Along with this feature we also able to block external users at any point, which revokes access to presence and incoming messages.
Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 94646
- In my local tenant – knowledgejunction1.onmicrosoft.com we have external user – firstname.lastname@example.org
- This external user – email@example.com is added in one of the Team of user – firstname.lastname@example.org, here user email@example.com is owner of the team
- When external user – firstname.lastname@example.org is try to chat, tenant user – email@example.com receives message box / pop-up either to “Accept” OR “Block” as
- Here we have an option to view the “Preview message” as
- If tenant user accept request then they could proceed with chat with external user
- We have an option to “Block” external user as well
- If tenant user “Block” requests, we have confirmation dialog and warning message as
- Once tenant user blocked the external user, then wont be able to chat or see the presence
- But here, external user can be “Unblock” at any time as
- As external user get unblocked, chat can be resumed and presence of external user is also visible
Thanks for reading the article !! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.