Windows server : PowerShell – Error : appcmd.exe : The term ‘appcmd.exe’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
Greetings for the day!!! LIFE IS BEAUTIIFUL 🙂
Today new issue and solution.
- For one of our SharePoint server project I am looking for the option to take the backup of IIS
- We have SharePoint 2019 installed on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard
- One of the option I found is – appcmd utility
- appcmd utility resides in “%WINDIR%/Systme32/inetsrv” folder
- When I navigate to folder and check this utility is available in folder
- But when I try to execute the command gets an error
ISSUE / ERROR
When I try to execute the utility to backup IIS I am getting an error
PS C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv> appcmd.exe
appcmd.exe : The term ‘appcmd.exe’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
- CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (appcmd.exe:String) , CommandNotFoundException
- FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
- When we executed utility bit different way as in below code line, it worked like charm
PS C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv> .\appcmd.exe
- By default, Windows PowerShell does not load commands from current location
- We need to type commands like .\appcmd.exe
- To run a script that is in the current directory, specify the full path, or type a dot .\ to represent the current directory.
Thanks for reading the article !! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.