Microsoft 365 – SharePoint Online – Creating and Sending News Digest manually – important feature :)
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY HOME 🙂
Today new small feature (small post 🙂 ) of SharePoint Online related to News. There is feature called “News Digest“. So thought to share since this is really helpful to our Microsoft 365 customers.
Take away from this article: At the end of this article we will got to know about –
- “News Digest” feature of SharePoint Online.
- Permissions required to send news digest
Prerequisite : User having edit permission on site can send the news digest.
Feature : This is the feature using which we can send news digest / important news posts via email notifications to important users / readers / business personnel’s / stakeholders.
Why This “News Digest” feature useful for our customers :
- This feature is very important because even though we / customers publish News on the portal but sometimes those can be missed by the users.
- So important news like financial news, business news or any other important news can be easily missed missed by the users on the portal.
- Generally we have limited number of news on portal home page after that those most probably seen on news listing page as new news get published.
- In all the above scenario this “News Digest” feature comes handy where we can email the respective news / news digest
- We have a “Email a news digest” option from OOB news.aspx page (https://<tenant>/sites/_layouts/15/news.aspx ) – here in our case https://knowledgejunction1.sharepoint.com/sites/News/_layouts/15/news.aspx as
- Click on the “Email a news digest” link from the command bar as shown in above Fig
- We will have options to select the News and “Next” and “Cancel” buttons to proceed further as shown in below Fig
- Select the News which we want to send into email and click on “Next” button
- We will be redirected to custom new page where we have options like in email – To, Message, “Send news digest” button as shown in below Fig
- Please observe that URL is address bar – new custom page is created and email functionality is there
- Also please notice, we can send this News Digest to external emails as well. As we are sending here to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will receive email notification in below format as shown in below fig
- We have various options available in News Digest as – “Reply | Reply all | Forward“, “Go To Site” , “Get the SharePoint Mobile App” along with selected news
Thanks for reading 🙂 Feel free to discuss / comment / questions 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
We have a lots of learning on Microsoft 365, for more details please visit – https://knowledge-junction.in/?s=Microsoft+365 OR https://knowledge-junction.in/?s=M+365 OR https://knowledge-junction.in/?s=O+365 OR https://knowledge-junction.in/?s=Office+365
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE
You must log in to post a comment.