OneDrive for Business – Important Update – Users may need to take action to access OneDrive for Business from Office.com – specially for the users whose UPNs are changed recently in between September 18, 2021 and October 2, 2021 – need to take action by 14 Oct 2021
Greetings for the day 🙂 Today new issue / very important update for OneDrive for Business users
This update is specially for the users whose UPNs are updated/changed recently in between September 18, 2021 and October 2, 2021
- Recently there is issue in “Service Health Dashboard” regarding One Drive for Business
- Issue – Users with recently updated UPNs can’t access OneDrive for Business content from Office.com
- This issue is for the users whose User Principal Names (UPNs) changed between September 18, 2021, through October 2, 2021.
- Users will see a “404 not found” error.
- Users are able to access their OneDrive for Business content, and can self-mitigate this issue, by using their direct OneDrive for Business URL
- Users who have this problem need to access OneDrive for Business directly via specific tenant host URL – in here my case – example – https://knowledgejunction1-my.sharepoint.com/personal/prasham_knowledgejunction1_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx
- All affected users only need to complete this action once to self-mitigate this issue, as doing so manually pushes the UPN changes to Azure Active Directory
- Once complete, users will be able to access the service from Office.com as expected
Time required to complete this action :
- Affected users from organization need to complete this action by 14 Oct 2021
Why this issue happens :
- Recent change made by Microsoft to correct the OneDrive for Business URL caching infrastructure unexpectedly resulted in impact
Thanks 🙂 STAY SAFE 🙂 STAY HEALTHY 🙂