Planet – Venus
Today in this article we are going to discuss about planet Venus
Radius: 6,051.8 km
Length of a day: 116d 18h 0m
Orbit period : 225 days
Distance from Sun : 108.2 million km
Venus is the second planet from the Sun and hottest planet. It is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
Some pics of Venus surface
Surface of Venus
The surface of Venus is a very hot and dry place. Most of the surface is made up of gently rolling plains.
Venus has been called Earth’s twin because of the similarities in their masses, sizes, and densities and their similar relative locations in the solar system.
Venus has the most massive atmosphere of the terrestrial planets, which include Mercury, Earth, and Mars. Its gaseous envelope is composed of more than 96 percent carbon dioxide and 3.5 percent molecular nitrogen.
Interesting facts about Venus
- A day on Venus is longer than a year.
- Venus is hotter than Mercury despite being further away from the Sun
- Unlike the other planets in our solar system, Venus spins clockwise on its axis.
- Venus is the second brightest natural object in the night sky after the Moon
- Venus is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty
In next article we are going to discuss about Planet Earth 🌎
Thank you for reading this article
Have a nice day 🙂