Learn Basics Of Lift-And-Shift Migration To Azure
As we know, Microsoft Azure is the fastest growing cloud platform in the world. Microsoft Azure provides numbers of cloud services to simplify their customer’s requirement. The Azure Backup service provides simple, secure, and cost-effective solutions to back up your data and recover it from the Microsoft Azure cloud.
In our previous series we have discussed on Azure DevOps – Learn at one place, Azure Networking Services and Azure Identity Management Services and Learn Basics Of Microsoft Azure Storage services My current article will be on Lift-And-Shift Migration To Azure.
Tool Installation Articles :
- Configure Azure Command Line Interface ( Azure CLI) On Windows
- Configure PowerShell For Microsoft Azure Az Module On Windows
Previous Azure Series :
- Learn Basics Of Azure Networking In 100 Hours
- Learn Basics Of Microsoft Azure Storage services
- Learn Basic Of Azure Active Directory And Azure Identity And Access Management
- Azure DevOps – Learn at one place
If you have missed our previous articles on Azure, please check all the above links.
Lift-And-Shift Migration To Azure
Lift-and-shift – also known as re-hosting – is a migration strategy that involves moving data and applications from an on-premises location to Azure-based virtual machines in the cloud. It’s a popular approach, mainly because it is relatively quick and painless.
Lift-and-shift allows organizations to keep running their applications with minimal changes and disruption. They benefit from all Azure’s advanced platform capabilities and scalability without having to invest in the re-architecture of applications or the refactoring of code up front.
Key Benefits Of Lift-And-Shift Approach
- Lift-And-Shift approach Reduced risk and cost
- Lift-And-Shift approach minimize re-architecture and refactoring
- Lift-And-Shift approach required minimal or no downtime
- Lift-And-Shift approach is faster and easier migration
- Lift-And-Shift approach required low initial cost compared to re-platforming
Following are articles, which described the lift and Shift approach with practical exercise. I hope it will help you to understand the concept of Lift-And-Shift Migration to Azure.
With the above information, I am concluding this article. I hope this is informative to you. Please let me know if I missed anything important or if my understanding is not up to the mark.
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more.
If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome. Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.
Thanks for reading 🙂