Microsoft 365 : SharePoint Online – Showing calendar view of Event list on modern pages – small trick / workaround – no OOB option available
Greetings for the day!!!
Today new issue and solution / workaround
- We have modern site collection
- One of our user need calendar view of Event list on modern page
- But in modern site on modern page there is no way to show calendar view of Event list
- We have an option as either “Filmstrip” or “Compact” layout only
- There is no way to have display “Calendar” view as we have on classic pages
Workaround / Solution
- We have an option of using “Embed” web part and providing URL for calendar view of Event list
- If we navigate to “Site Content >> Event” list then for Event list we have calendar view as shown in below fig
- Please note the URL of Calendar view of Event list – “<SITE URL>/Lists/Events/calendar.aspx“
- Here we have – “knowledgejunction1.sharepoint.com/Lists/Events/calendar.aspx“
- Following is the embed code in Embed web part
<iframe src="https://knowledgejunction1.sharepoint.com/Lists/Events/calendar.aspx?isDlg=1" width="100%" height="660" scrolling="no" style="margin-top: -110px;"></iframe>
- Please note here query string parameter – “isDlg=1” need to specify otherwise it shows complete SharePoint page with suit bar
- After publishing the page it looks like
Thanks for reading the article !!! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.