Small Tricks and Tips : Power Automate – using addDays()
Greetings for the day!!!
Today new tip – using addDays() in Power Automate.
In Power Automate, recently got a chance to use addDays() so sharing.
- This function adds integer number of days to string timestamp passed to it
- We could see this function under Date and time under Expressions in Dynamic Content dialog
addDays(timestamp: string, days: integer, format?: string) where: timestamp : datetime in which we need to add number of days days: number of days need to be added in timestamp string format: optional parameter - format of date which we need. It convert the DateTime into a specified format (i.e. dd-MM-yyyy, dd-MMMM-yyyy,etc)
- In one of our project we need to update date field with tomorrows date – so Today() + 1 day
- We have automated flow triggers on “When an item or file is modified” trigger
- In our SharePoint list we have column – “Reviewer Assigned Date” of type Date and Time, which we need to update
Thanks for reading !!! Please feel free to discuss / suggestions / share thoughts !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂