Small Tips and Tricks – Power Automate – Manage list item and file permissions with Power Automate flows – Grant access to an item or a folder – Demo
Greetings for the day!!!
In one of the last article we discussed – how to stop sharing an item or file – Small Tips and Tricks – Power Automate – Manage list item and file permissions with Power Automate flows – Stop sharing an item or a file
Continuing this series today we will discuss – how to grant access to an item or a folder. This is one of the easiest way to give permission to set of users to respective an item or a folder
We have Power Automate action – Grant access to an item or a folder
Before going depth in Power Automate lets have a SharePoint list with one item having Id 1 as
- Lets verify the permission on List
- If we notice only one user – Prasham Sabadra has access.
- For demo purpose we will create “Instant cloud flow“
- We have an action – “Grant access to an item or a folder“
This action “Grant access to an item or a folder” requires following parameters
- Site Address – SharePoint site URL
- List or Library Name
- Id – The item or the file identifier for which to grant access
- Recipients – The recipients whom we want to grant access
- Roles – The permission role you want to grant – either “View” or “Edit“
- Message – Text which we want to share with recipients. This message will appear in email body which will be sent to respective recipients
- Notify Recipients – Whether we want to notify user or not. If yes email will be sent to respective recipients
- Lets test the flow.
- Make sure flow executed successfully as
- As flow executed successfully, lets check the permissions on respective List
- From above fig, user “Prasham1 Sabadra” got the “view” access to the respective item
- We will check the email of user “Prasham1 Sabadra”
Limitations of the action – “Grant access to an item or a folder”
- This action does not support granting access to External Users
Thanks for reading ! If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share !!! SHARING IS CARING 🙂
Enjoy the beautiful life !!! Have a FUN !!! HAVE A SAFE LIFE !!! TAKE CARE 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.