Small Tips and Tricks – how to know the version of any installed PowerShell module – Get-InstalledModule
Today very small but important article.
Detail / Background
- Recently I got a chance to write a PowerShell script for deploying Microsoft Teams in my tenant at scale – article is in progress. Next article.
- Deploying Teams at a scale is new feature and which requiring 4.7.0 or later version Microsoft Teams PowerShell module
- Spp I want to know which version of Microsoft Teams PowerShell module is installed on my local laptop and hence this article
Solution / Steps – To know the version of any PowerShell module installed in our environment
- We have PowerShell CMDLET – Get-InstalledModule
- If we pass the module name to this CMDLET it returns the details like –
Get-InstalledModule -Name MicrosoftTeams
output will be
Version Name Repository Description
——- —- ———- ———–
4.2.0 MicrosoftTeams PSGallery Microsoft Teams cmdlets module for Windows Power…
Get-InstalledModule [[-Name] <String>] [-MinimumVersion <String>] [-RequiredVersion <String>] [-MaximumVersion <String>] [-AllVersions] [-AllowPrerelease] [<CommonParameters>]
Thanks for reading the article !!! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂