Microsoft Teams – Today announced – the general availability of new Teams on web for Edge and Chrome
Greetings for the day !
Today (17 Nov 2023) new news related to Microsoft Teams.
Today, Microsoft announced general availability of new Teams on web for Edge and Chrome browser
How this will affect to users in our organization
- Beginning today – 17 Nov 2023, web users on Edge and Chrome will see the same Try the new Teams toggle as desktop users
- The web experience requires no additional download or installation
- Till next eight weeks – web users on Edge and Chrome will be defaulted to classic Teams on Web where they will see the Try the new Teams toggle even if Administrators have set ‘New Teams as default’ as their Teams update policy.
- After the above period ends (after 8 weeks in Jan) – Chrome and Edge browser will respect – ‘New Teams as default’ for administrators who have selected that policy
- Note: Administrators who have the Teams update policy set to ‘Not enabled‘ will not receive the Try the new Teams toggle along with their users.
For a better experience, Microsoft suggest choosing ‘New Teams as default‘ or ‘Microsoft controlled‘.
- Microsoft will soon begin making new Teams on web the default experience for all Teams on web users
- If we click on “Switch to the new Teams” option we will get dialog as
- We have one more option to toggle between new and classic teams as in below snap
- Try new teams, lots of good features / enhancements
- The browser must be configured to allow third-party cookies
- The browser runs on a desktop computer
- The browser is updated to one of the three most-recent versions of Microsoft Edge or Chrome
Features currently not available in Teams web clients
- Tenant switching (coming soon)
- Popout windows for chat and channel content
- Avatars and video background effects, except for background blur
Enhancements in new Teams from classic teams web
- Support for more than two concurrent Teams tabs
- Faster, simpler, and more flexible experience
- New Teams for Web – Overview and prerequisites – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/new-teams-web
- The new Microsoft Teams desktop client – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/new-teams-desktop-admin#when-will-the-new-teams-become-the-default-client
- Upgrade to the new Teams using policies – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/new-teams-deploy-using-policies?tabs=powershell
Thanks for reading 🙂 If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂
Enjoy the beautiful LIFE🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂