M365: Message Center Major Change Update Notification – More additional file types are getting added to BlockedFileTypesList in Outlook on the web
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 Today, I’ll share a news which Microsoft announced as MAJOR CHANGE UPDATE on 13 March 2020. Even though it appears in Message Center but sharing since messages can be missed from Message Center.
News : Updated Feature: Blocked file types in Outlook on the web
- Microsoft will be adding some additional file extensions to the BlockedFileTypes list.
- The BlockedFileTypes parameter specifies a list of attachment file types (file extensions) that can’t be saved locally or viewed from Outlook on the web.
- This change will be rolled out in next month (April 2020) and will be finalized by end of next month.
- Blocked file types are : .apk and .appx
- Snap from Microsoft Roadmap : Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 55100.
- If those files are already available in AllowedFileTypes list
How to see currently blocked File Types:
- To see currently blocked file types, following are the steps:
- Go to the Exchange Admin Center – https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/ OR we can also navigate from admin center as
- Once we are in “Exchange admin center”, please navigate the “protection” menu from left menus
- On first tab “malware filter” we have default policy enabled as shown in below figure
- Edit the default policy
- Navigate to second tab “settings” as shown in below figure
- Currently in my local tenant, “Common Attachment Types Filter” option is disabled.
- If we turn on “Common Attachment Types Filter” this feature, we could see there “FILE TYPES” which are blocked 🙂
Stay tuned with more updates 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.