M365 – SharePoint Online – Enabling Global Navigation
Greetings for the day 🙂 LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY 🙂
- I am writing article on SharePoint App Bar
- First tab (Currently Home icon as shown in below Fig) in SharePoint app bar is to have Global Navigation or link to SharePoint start page.
- I want to show the Global Navigation
- But in my case it was showing link to – SharePoint start page and not Global Navigation as shown in below Fig
- So I was wondering, why its not showing Global Navigation.
- I also couldn’t see option to Global Navigation under SharePoint settings as
- After bit research I realized that enabling Global Navigation requires SharePoint Home Site
- Once Site is Home Site we can enable the Global Navigation
- Enabling site as Home Site:
- I am writing separate article on Home Site. I’ll publish it soon
- We can use following PowerShell cmdlet for enabling site as Home Site
Set-SPOHomeSite -HomeSiteUrl https://knowledgejunction1.sharepoint.com/
- Once we enabled site as Home Site, to have effect of Home site – it may take some time to take effect
- Once site is Home site we could see the global navigation under SharePoint settings as
- On click of “Global Navigation” link “Global navigation settings” pane will appear as
- Once we enabled “Global Navigation” we have then option to set – Logo, Title and Navigation source either – Home site navigation or Hub or global navigation as
- There is “Edit global navigation” link available on Global navigation settings pane as shown in below fig.
- On click of “Edit global navigation” pane, left pane appears where we can add the links / labels and can enable audience targeting as well as shown in below Fig
- To add link or label to Global Navigation, click on “+” sign as shown in below fig
- On click of “+” sign “Add” popup will appear where we can specify
- Choose an option – Link / Label
- In case of Link – URL / Address
- Display name – which will appear to the users
- Audiences to target – We could specify either groups or users , limit is 1o
- Once we have enabled the Global Navigation and added the link or label – Home icon / tab on SharePoint app bar will show Global Navigation as shown following two figures
So for today that’s all about Global Navigation 🙂
Thanks for reading 🙂 If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂
[…] Fig : M35 – SharePoint Online – SharePoint app bar – “SharePoint start page” is link to Home icon – when global navigation is not enabled Fig : M35 – SharePoint Online – SharePoint app bar – “Global navigation” is link to Home icon – when global navigation is enabled – https://knowledge-junction.com/2021/03/05/m365-sharepoint-online-enabling-global-navigation/ […]
You must log in to post a comment.