Microsoft 365 : SharePoint online – New Feature – News in Outlook
Greetings for the day!!! Today new feature update – related to SharePoint online
New Feature – Now it is possible to send news directly to reader email box or explicitly to specific peoples / users / readers
- New integration of SharePoint News into Outlook
- News authors can preview and send full news posts as emails to reader’s inbox.
- To help authors get started, new six templates are added in Outlook and SharePoint.
- With unified page analytics, authors will be able to see their total page reads across outlook and SharePoint as one number
- Let’s demonstrate this with creating one news post and emailing
- I am opening here my sharepoint demo site
- Create new News post – as in below fig expand the “+ New ” from command bar
- As we click on “News post” option we will have “News templates” options to select as in below fig
- Select the “Newsletter” template from the templates under “From Microsoft” templates
- As we select the template, we will draft news post as in below fig
- Specify all the news details
- Once all news details are specified – from top right corner please click on “Post and send” button as in above fig
- As we click on “Post and send” button we will have “Send this news post as an email” as shown in below fig
- In “Send this news post as an email” specify the respective details like – To address, Cc if available, Subject, Message
- After specifying all the details just click on “Send” button at bottom right corner as shown in below fig
- On successful mail sent we will get notification as in below snap
- Let’s check outlook
When this will happen in standard release
- Standard Release. Rollout will begin in mid-September 2023 and is expected to be complete by late September 2023.
Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID – 124803 – SharePoint: News in Outlook
Thanks for reading! If you think this is useful, kindly please like and share! HAVE a FANTASTIC LEARNING ! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂