Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 3 – Posting back ServiceNow incident number to user (to whom ticket is assigned)
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY HOME 🙂
In last two articles we discussed how to automate creation of ServiceNow incident when message is posted in Teams channel.
Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 1 – Connecting to Service Now from Power Automate
Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 2 – Creating Service Now incident from Power Automate
In this article we will discuss how to post the number of newly created ServiceNow incident to the user to whom ticket is assigned.
So we have PowerAutomate as
- There is a Teams action called “Post a message as the Flow bot to a user (Preview)” as
Fig 2 : Power Automate – ServiceNow integration – Searching Teams action “Post a message as the Flow bot to a user (Preview)”
- This action allows us to send message back to the user – here we want to sent the ServiceNow incident number to the user to whom incident is assigned
- This action looks like as
- Add the details like
- User email address to whom we need to post the message => Recipient
- Message which you want to post => Message
- Post heading =>Headline
- We will get the incident number as shown in below Fig
When you will add a message in given teams, Power Automate will be triggered, ServiceNow incident will be created and incident number is posted back to respective user as
We will stop here now 🙂 In next article we will finalize this series with some more details.
Thanks for reading 🙂 Feel free to discuss / comments / questions 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.