Ethical Hacking – 10 commands in Kali Linux – Part 2
Today in this series of ethical hacking we are continue to explore the commands of Kali Linux.
If you didn’t got chance to read the “Ethical Hacking – 15 commands in Kali Linux – Part 1” please have a look – https://knowledge-junction.in/2022/10/29/ethical-hacking-15-commands-in-kali-linux/
To download and install Kali Linux click here – https://knowledge-junction.in/2022/10/23/python-introduction-to-ethical-hacking-in-python-introduction-to-kali-linux-part-1/
We have started a series of Ethical Hacking so we can visit once and stay tuned to learn ethical hacking – https://knowledge-junction.in/category/ethical-hacking/
Commands in Kali Linux
- Command to display current system information
- Command to display our username – users currently logged in to the current host
- Command to know the use of certain commands
- Command to shutdown the kali Linux. It shutdowns the kali Linux in specified time.
- Command to read the contents of all txt files
In this txt file this is the content – knowledge_junction.txy
To read the content on the terminal
- The command which searches files and prints lines that match pattern
grep [Options] [Pattern] [Filename]
We have a text file knowledge_Junction.txt file.
grep -i <pattern> <filename>
Example : Finding “system” word in our text file
grep -i system knowledge_Junction
In above example “system” world is highlighted since we are finding it. Basically this highlights the pattern
- The command which prints the first given number of lines from a file.
head -n <number> <Filename> Example: head -n 2 knowledge_Junction
- The command prints the last given number of lines from a file.
tail -n <number> <Filename> Example: tail -n 2 knowledge_Junction
- Command to see the manual of any command
man command_name example: man rm
- Command to change the password of Kali Linux
Thanks for reading 🙂
Have a nice day!!
You must log in to post a comment.